Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Mother-In-Laws










Martha & Ruth were named after their owners' moms, in other words, The Mother-In-Laws.  I think this photograph reflects their relationship.  They're an affectionate pair & love having the kind of  company who has time for a good visit.  They follow me around while I'm doing chores.  Every so often, they gently butt which means a good rub on the back is desired.

Whats really cool is how they like my cooking which is more than I can say for my own family.  Martha & Ruth are right there, watching what I put together and eagerly eat when its ready.  Granted their food is plain meal & grain, I guess the combination is just what they like.

Like horses, their stall needs to be mucked down daily and shaved chips spread afterwards.  Their manure is pellet-like, similar to those of rabbits, deer, and alpacas which makes for easy clean-up.

Martha & Ruth have me convinced that reincarnation is possible.  They remind me of my grandmothers especially when I prepare to leave.  Martha in front, Ruth is behind and both are watching, saying good-bye.

For that special attention your larger pets require, visit us at In-Home Pet Sitting.


Tags: Goats, Pet Sitting

No comments:

Post a Comment